1. Environmental Mission Statement
Boostbery recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
2. Environmental Policy Aims
Boostbery will try to not only meet existing environmental laws and regulation but will endeavour to go beyond the status quo and see techniques and approaches that position us ahead of our competition. The growth of our company depends on our abilities to minimise or eliminate our impacts on our surroundings.
Our policy aims also ensure that Boostbery endeavour to:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- Increase employee awareness and training.
3. Environmental Best Practices
Boostbery will strive to continue to adopt and use best practices in all areas of our business. We will always discuss, plan, implement and practice environmentally friendly approaches within every part of the business and how we operate moving forward.
Our policy practices will ensure that Boostbery endeavour to:
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office.
- We will reduce packaging as much as possible.
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
Energy and water:
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- We will evaluate if the need can be met in another way.
- We will evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- We will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
- We will reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessity trips only.
- We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
- We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
- We will favour ‘green’ vehicles and maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency.
Maintenance and cleaning:
- Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
Monitoring and improvement:
- We will comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- We will continually look to improve and monitor environmental performance.
- We will continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- We will increase employee awareness through training.
- We will review this policy and any related business issues at our monthly management meetings.
4. Environmental Culture
Our policy towards the environment will be readily available and promoted to anyone we come into contact with. We will endeavour to ensure customers, suppliers and stakeholders have easy access to our environmental policy, commitment and objectives.
- We continue to involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
- We will provide staff with relevant environmental training, where necessary.
- We will work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
- We will use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.
5. Contact details
For further information on any of the subjects covered within our environmental policy, please contact:
01273 582 222